Who are we?
The inspire! Lab - Innovation Spirit and Entrepreneurship Lab - is a space for creativity, ideas and innovations. The inspire! Lab offers high schools pupils, students and start-ups an innovative learning environment for the development of product, process and business model innovations as well as the realization of start-up projects. The lab, a space equipped with innovative materials, "lives" from and with the projects and actions that are created here.
Which phases of Start-ups do we support?
- Business idea
Start-ups from which industries are we servicing?
Start-up developments have applications in all industry fields such as:
- Business and Productivity
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Life Science and Agriculture
- Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Mobility and Transportation
- Other industries
What kind of services do we offer?
We create an innovative learning and research environment for the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs. We focus on action and experience-based learning to encourage young people to take responsibility and to develop their entrepreneurial skills. Further, we would like to increase the awareness of young people for social and societal challenges by fostering an entrepreneurial perspective to solve these challenges.
Located in the heart of the university's innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem, the inspire! Lab offers know-how, trainings and networks to promote entrepreneurial thinking and action. The inspire! Lab connects high school pupils, students and scientists of all disciplines in a global community with alumni, partners, start-ups and established companies.
The inspire! Lab is based on the following elements:
Innovating & intellectual property
- The inspire! Lab with its 190 square meters of space offers space for groups of up to 30 people. The furniture and walls have a smart surface, making them magnetic and writable. This allows ideas to unfold freely and become part of the room. The furniture can be arranged flexibly and adapted to the learning and teaching arrangements.
- We want to inspire creative thinking and promote sustainable entrepreneurial action. We promote the development and application action based teaching methods. This includes a set of practices where students not only learn about entrepreneurship, but actually experience entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship education serves as an experimental space where pupils and students can explore concepts through personal experience. Our offerings:
1. Workshops for high school pupils and students:
- inspire! connect: Workshops to connect high school pupils and students with start-ups.
- inspire! build your business: A business model game to gradually develop and evaluate business ideas.
- inspire! develop: Idea generation workshops
- inspire! design: We support them in finding topics for their diploma, master or project work.
- inspire! social: By presenting social business ideas and entrepreneurial personalities, we want to inspire students to their own social innovation and support them in the development of start-up projects
2. Workshops for teachers:
- inspire! teach: We motivate teachers to develop, test, evaluate new teaching and learning methods. Workshop topics include: Entrepreneurship Education, Gamification, Creative Learning Environments,...?
3. Open Workshops:
Networking & matchmaking
- inspire! the next generation: Experts from science and practice give short lectures on current topics from innovation and entrepreneurship followed by an interactive setting.
- We want to bring scientific findings into application and promote the exchange between research and practice. This is achieved by lectures at conferences and events, scientific publications, workshops and projects with high school pupils, students, teachers and companies.
What is our vision?
The inspire! Lab is Carinthia's innovation and entrepreneurship lab for high school pupils and students. We want to inspire creative thinking and support the development of entrepreneurial skills and experience. We promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship at the Universität Klagenfurt and our partner schools.
How can you contact us?
inspire! Lab, Lakeside & Technology Park B12a, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee