KWF Kärntner Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds
Who are we?
KWF stands for future-oriented business promotion and economic development. In addition to improving the financing structure of Carinthian companies, one key area is the stimulation of research and innovation. The KWF acts in the sense of development active. The mission is to generate and create more innovative companies, to ensure the technology transfer from research institutions and universities to innovative companies and to establish an entrepreneurial culture to have more people who have the competences and the habit to found a company. KWF has a strong commitment to an Alpe-Adria-Startup-Ecosystem destination with all the advantages (more than 3 cultures, languages, habits and markets).
Which phases of Start-ups do we support?
- Business idea
- Seed/ Start-ups
Start-ups from which industries are we servicing?
Awareness-raising creates added value for all involved partners and customers. Asking specific questions guides to new developments. Open-ended discourses make potentials visible. These potentials are supported by measures and activities of the KWF. The KWF offers various project architectures, whereby the view of what is feasible plays a central role. In harmony with the goals of the actors, the architecture takes into account the content and legal framework conditions, thereby making complexity manageable. These developments have applications in all industry fields such as:
- Business and Productivity
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Life Science and Agriculture
- Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Mobility and Transportation
- Other industries
What kind of services do we offer?
The KWF organizes communication internally and externally and intensifies learning from each other and from third parties (e.g. a start-up from another start-up). In addition, good projects are presented; the experiences gained from them generate knowledge transfer and ensure the result orientation of future projects. The visibility and performance of the KWF as a companion, expert, facilitator and supporter will be able to access for our customers and partners. Knowledge, networking and trust create a basis for improved decision-making and promote the ability to implement and finance projects. We bring our potential and resources into effect. The KWF-based corporate culture with a focus on diversity uses the »future of work« as an opportunity and is the framework for an open communication style with the goal of continuous improvement. To stimulate development of companies, institutions and regions which face economic, social and environmental challenges, KWF supports with intelligence, knowledge and financing (e.g. low interest loans or non-repayable grants).
As a regional service provider KWF is member of the StartNet Carinthia and Start-up Alpe Adria initiatives and provides services via its partner network and the local business incubator build.
Innovating & intellectual property
- KWF work together with the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (acronym FFG, details at www.ffg.at, located in Vienna) in the field of research, development and innovation. Therefore KWF knows the product portfolio from FFG and offers for example a pre-check on applications for research funding projects.
Networking & matchmaking
- Networking events like the »Innovation- and Research Price of Carinthia«, the »Weissensee Sustainability Award« are initiatives with international appeal.
- KWF has a strong network. This is bases on intensive customer contact, long partnerships with SMEs, big enterprises, research institutions, education organisations, governmental institutions on both, national and international level, etc..
- KWF funds includes for example creation grants for nine month to build on your business idea or specific start-up loans for growing a company. Nearby there are several other grants available to start or to grow your company.
- Services can be also accessed from start-ups via the incubator build!, which is financed through KWF-Budget.
- Strategic investment can be applied through the BABEG Venture Fonds which aims to invest in start-ups to strengthen technical research and innovation.
Access to markets
- National and international market access can be supported via the networks of StartNet Carinthia and Start-up Alpe Adria.
What is our vision?
Funding is important to help start-up companies, mitigate the financial penalties of SMEs, stimulate research and development and make it easier for SMEs to implement challenging investments. Carinthia can only compete in Europe's regions if there are many outstanding projects successfully implemented by companies of all sizes and sectors, as well as by world-class research institutes.
We serve and accompany companies to increase their competitiveness and that of the country. We want to make a contribution with our work, so that the youth also in the future have a perspective in Carinthia, where there are jobs in Carinthia and a high level of quality of life. We would like companies, research institutes, founders and service providers to take on new projects with us as partners.
How can you contact us?
In case of interest, please refer your questions to Jürgen Kopeinig, firstname.lastname@example.org
Völkermarkter Ring 21-23, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Carinthia, Austria